Ahead of the Pack Dog Training - SAVE A LIFE..RESCUE ONE.. MAKE A DIFFERENCE..TRAIN YOUR DOG
My Blog

Teaching the Leave It command

The Basics of the "Leave It" Command
This command is a must have in any setting, but especially when you live in the city. There are so many tempting distractions, from diners enjoying a luncheon in the park, to children playing with a tempting ball, to all the pigeons and squirrels that inhabit the city, to who knows what it is that is smashed on the sidewalk (but for some reason looks appetizing to your pooch!). Once your dog masters this command, you will be able to tell her to not chase that pigeon or eat that piece of trash.
The concept: Your dog will learn that not going for an item/object is rewarded!
Step 1: Take a high value treat and hold it in your left hand. When your dog attempts to grab the food from you, close your fingers around the treat and ignore all her attempts to get the treat. “Say Leave it”   Do not yell, scold or make any other movements, just stand perfectly still and wait it out. The very second that your dog stops trying to get the food from your hand - open it! Praise! Deliver treat from opposite hand.  She deserves the reward for settling down and "leaving it"!
Eventually (or quickly) your dog is going to start to understand that stopping the frantic behavior directed at something she wants is what gets her the reward. Lots of praise will help make this a fun activity.
Troubleshooting:
If your dog simply will NOT stop trying to get the food, maybe she is a bit too hungry for this kind of exercise. Do not try this training exercise on an empty stomach - make sure your pup has eaten beforehand, so she isn't too frantic to get her treat.

46 Comments to Teaching the Leave It command:

Comments RSS
Bachelor of Science on Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:57 PM
I like your topic of selection for blog but want to suggest you for sharing some more information regarding your subject so that we can understand your thought more clearly.

first class degree on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:52 AM
Thanks for sharing these useful information! Hope that you will continue doing nice article like this. I will be one of your loyal readers if you maintain this kind of post! This is one of the best posts I found so far. The contents are very good and very informative.

www.scorespro.com on Friday, February 13, 2015 12:37 AM
Baseball has become the most preferred sports on the earth, especially in the country of The states. According so that you can Encyclopaedia Britannica, baseball is a national leisure activity of People.

gambling course on Friday, February 15, 2013 1:03 AM
Thank you so much for sharing "Teaching the Leave It command" with us. I found your4 post very informative and related to my search. Can you please share some more commands with us?

Buy Herbal Incense on Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:29 AM

Legal Herbal Incense on Saturday, March 23, 2013 6:44 AM
vocacy opportunity, and to concentrate solely on the current and of course virtuous battle to include all arts disciplines for all students in all schools, is to perhaps concede the entire point. All students deserve access to quality education, and education is the civil right issue of our time. The principals of art and design are inher

faith cross bracelets on Monday, July 29, 2013 11:47 PM
Hey there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

style jewelry on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:02 AM
You made a number of nice points there. I did a search on the theme and found nearly all folks will consent with your blog.

logistics recruitment agency sydney on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 3:35 AM
After reading out your blog I have come to learn about this. So, I am grateful to you.

airco antwerpen on Monday, December 16, 2013 7:19 AM
I was committed and abruptly I visits your place often and proposed it to me to read furthermore. The conceiving procedure is better and the content is applicable. Thanks for the insight you provide the readers!

karriere navigator on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:08 AM
The links and resources posted by you in the blog are very useful for me! I was looking for this exact and particular information for a long time. Thanks.

livewetten on Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:45 PM
Sport Service

sport on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:37 PM
Sportwetten Bewertung

Best Paper writing service on Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:04 AM
I found it quiet interesting ,Thank you for posting the great content about the teaching .I was looking for something like this…, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…

http://i9wfef.tumblr.com/ on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:52 PM
Wager genau das gleiche Geldbetrag auf jeder Videospiel . Loswerden von Folge gewonnen Happen .

wetten on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:55 AM
Die guenstigste wird Sie mit Tipps meist basierend um die besten angeboten Information .Der Trend nicht hold , so dass Sie verlieren Vermutung.

strona internetowa on Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:38 AM
Choosing house furniture for your your kitchen should really choose the best readily available solutions to some of our location Better suited to a lounge you choose to not have to power 1 another when
Reply to comment

http://www.approvedcashadvance.com/locations/newport_news/ on Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:31 PM
That is most definitely the spot that the YOU Salaryday Size loan product and conjointly solutions will definitely benefit helpful hunting. once you choose to search out borrowed with the YOU Salaryday Size loan product and conjointly solutions, the bulk folks can seemingly organized your current have a glance at schedule to suit exploitation your day enhance. just in case you're settled each two-3 2 or three weeks utilizing Exclusive, the bulk folks can invariably build your current reimbursements enclosed regarding an equivalent Exclusive.

Auto Option Bot Signal on Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:02 PM
I scarcely attempted to offer you the top until the end of time. As a net business holder I distinguish what you seek really & which can manufacture your approbation. That is the reason now you will find just persons subjects which compartment help you to make an individual online exchange.

the best watch brands on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:48 AM
Thanks for another informative web site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a project that I'm just now working on, and I've been on the look out for such info.

Rush Essay Service on Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:54 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post about the teaching. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me

profile on Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:05 PM
When redecorating typically the apartment lights should take When buying a brand new paint look ought not to be carefully guided by way of one particular factor

Delatte on Sunday, February 7, 2016 5:08 AM
Pipe freezing and bursting can be combated using some different ways. Thee basement is below grade level meaning a lot of the each wall is underground. For that reason, you should check the license with the contractor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w05kj8mwlcY

PaperHelpWriting on Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:32 AM
I am the issuer giving the best rated grade company in writing a piece of paper for pupils, and we alltype my essay online www.paperhelpwriting.com site for research papers provide optimum internet business agreements utilizing undisputedly excellent quality involved with is effective transfered to potential buyers. We supply this users due to absolutely free offers accomplish the cost-effective selling prices in the shops. Along with your specialist guide that includes not necessarily intense look for and excellent way of writing on the other hand cost-free term write-up, f-r-e-e blueprint opt-in list, costless formatting, combined with costless future revisions on your wants. We each assist you every place of academic making whole process. You can rely on our personal ability!

neiljakson on Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:15 AM
Teaching is a great job. It’s something I’m good at, and at times can excel at. I’ve even had those once-a-decade moments of a child telling you something you’ve done has changed them or inspired them permanently. But “being a teacher” (the whole job and everything it entails) ground me down so much over the course of 10 years that I felt I never wanted to go near students or schools again. I genuinely believed I had no place in the teaching profession and that I had made a lucky escape.

Fred Patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:06 AM
good post

Marketing Research Assignment Help on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:01 AM
I am the issuer giving the best rated grade company in writing a piece of paper for pupils, and we all type my essay online www.essaycorp.com site for marketing research assignment help provide optimum internet business agreements utilizing undisputedly excellent quality involved with is effective transferred to potential buyers. We supply this users due to absolutely free offers accomplish the cost-effective selling prices in the shops. Along with your specialist guide that includes not necessarily intense look for and excellent way of writing on the other hand cost-free term write-up, f-r-e-e blueprint opt-in list, costless formatting, combined with costless future revisions on your wants. We each assist you every place of academic making whole process. You can rely on our personal ability! For more info visit us: https://www.essaycorp.com/marketing-research-assignment-help

cheap christian louboutin shoes on Sunday, October 14, 2018 11:07 PM

https://s3mac.com/ on Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:15 AM
Mac tools are consistently updating on daily basis and we are bringing all the updates live. S3mac is keen to bring best software tools here.

https://crackermac.com/ on Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:15 AM
Now you can get instant cracks for mac tools on your computer. It will really ease and help you to gain best available cracks for mac applications.

faiz on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:19 AM
orang yang dengannya dia telah berkomunikasi paling lama dari yang dia tidak lihat secara langsung. ini ke 16 Jual besi cnp undangan pernikahan animasi Harga Plat Bordes Kembang Pabrik Besi H beam Baja Pabrik Plat Bordes harga besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor Besi Beton Distributor Besi Beton Jual baja ringan www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan cantik Harga Plat Besi Hitam Distributor Atap Spandek Distributor Bondek Cor harga besi beton perwira Harga Besi Beton Harga Besi Beton Jual bondek harga besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan cantik elegan sewa villa bukit danau Harga Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Supplier Atap Spandek Harga Bondek Cor harga besi beton PAS Jual Besi Beton Jual Besi Beton Jual Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Harga bondek undangan pernikahan cetak Harga Jual Besi Siku Baja Agen Atap Spandek Jual Bondek Cor harga besi beton master steel ms Supplier Besi Beton Supplier Besi Beton Jual besi siku harga wiremesh undangan pernikahan custom Harga Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Toko Atap Spandek Supplier Bondek Cor harga besi beton ksty Toko Besi Beton Toko Besi Beton Jual pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Harga pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bagus Harga Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Jual Atap Spandek Toko Bondek Cor harga besi beton krakatau steel Agen Besi Beton Agen Besi Beton Jual Plat besi harga besi hollow undangan pernikahan anime Harga Besi Hollow Harga Atap Spandek Agen Bondek Cor harga besi beton jcac Pabrik Besi Beton Pabrik Besi Beton Jual besi h beam harga besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh Harga Wiremesh Pabrik Atap Spandek Pabrik Bondek Cor harga besi beton interworld steel is

Tidebuy coupon on Monday, January 28, 2019 2:55 AM
This site is excellent and so is how the subject matter was explained. I also like some of the comments too. Waiting for the next post.

cisco new certification on Friday, June 28, 2019 5:27 AM
Crack4sure provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation.
Reply to comment

https://www.tefl-jobs-abroad.ontesol.com/companies/googleme1/ on Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:24 AM
After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

awawf on Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:23 AM
See what people are saying and join the conversation.Pro Ana blog

Pro Ana blog on Monday, November 4, 2019 4:16 AM
See what people are saying and join the conversation.

frases on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:42 AM
Actually its very nice site! this is my first visit on this site my friend gave the link of this site! and site is really great

Useless Websites on Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:49 AM
Teaching the Leave It command Useless Websites

23 is back on Monday, March 16, 2020 1:06 AM
23 is back https://23is-back.com/ 23 is back

small tattoos on Sunday, March 29, 2020 11:43 PM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos

Sex Positions on Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:46 AM

Adidas Yeezy
Pandora Soldes 2020
Yeezy Shoes
Yeezy Mafia

pocket watch on Thursday, July 9, 2020 10:25 PM

Ask Birdkhaun on Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:02 PM
Interesting topic what you have shared with us. Your writing skill is really very appreciative. I love when you share your views through the best articles.Keep sharing and posting articles like these.This article has helped me a lot.Keep posting this stuff. Ask Birdkhaun

Camera Advice on Friday, July 24, 2020 4:19 AM
There is always a best of serve customer with a high as well as with a good type of feedback .It also known to be the best service by a person to customer by increasing their customer demand after a visit.Please Check this link! Camera Advice

Nike Shoes on Monday, August 3, 2020 9:03 AM